Andorra. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Breath-taking. Stunning. But, as pretty as it is, there are exactly three things to do in Andorra in the summer. Shop, hike, and eat. And there are exactly three things to do in Andorra in the winter. Shop, ski, and eat! It’s small, but it’s still worth it. Having traveled all over Europe, we still found this small country to be unique and interesting. We weren’t here long, but we did have a drive through, a lunch, and took some photos…so yes, it counts and that’s why we included these facts and a little information on our Andorra Travel Blog.
We only spent a day in Andorra, a perfect summer day, winding along the mountain roads, exploring the capital, Andorra La Vella, where we also had a pretty good lunch. We definitely didn’t spend enough time in this small country. One day we’ll go back and spend a few days hiking in the summer.[toc]
Travel in Andorra
Located between France and Spain, that’s exactly what we were doing. We were on a southern France road trip and decided to cross the border on one of the days.
We certainly don’t claim to be experts on Andorra, but we did learn a few things while we were here, such as:
- There is no way to fly into Andorra, you must drive, just like we did. We drove from France, through Andorra, and south to Spain.
- The country is mountainous, and in fact, Andorra La Vella, is the highest capital in elevation in all of Europe. It’s elevation is 3,356 feet above sea level.
- One of the most popular things to do is hike the Gran Recorrido País trail, taking you from one side of the country to the next. This is my plan for our next visit.
- Even though the official language is Catalan, everyone speaks three languages fluently; the others are French and Spanish.
- Skiing is huge! With all of these mountains, most of the top places to visit are ski resorts. Yes, we want to experience a few of the 186 miles of ski slopes.
Hotels in Andorra
In the Capital
Acta Arthotel, Andorra La Vella, Andorra
Hotel Sant Jordi, Andorra La Vella, Andorra
Hotel Arbre De Neu, Encamp, Andorra
Hotel Marfany, Escaldes, Andorra
Photos of Andorra
Have you been? What are the best things to do in Andorra?
Pin our Andorra Travel Blog