I’m always envious when I meet a truly nomadic traveler. Sure they have a destination in mind but it’s just a stop along the way, not a return to a static life. They’ve figured out the secret to that perfect journey with no end in sight. But when I stop and think about it, I realize I’ve come pretty close to that same ideal. Sure, Corinne and I both have day jobs, but we’ve been lucky enough to work in a profession and a system that lets us have the best of both worlds. We have long stretches of time off and the ability to move around the world with our jobs. When we’re traveling during the summer months we have the time and flexibility to choose the routes we’ll travel; we can just keep driving down the road, around the next turn, over that next mountain pass. Sure, we know that at some point we have to return to our home and go back to work for a few months and our little landing pad in Germany becomes a resting point. a place to recharge and prepare for more. Our jobs allow us to share that passion and knowledge of the world around us, to spread that sense of wonder and excitement that traveling brings.
Looking back on my life at this point I realize that I have been a kind of nomadic traveler. Every few years we pack up our tent, wrap all of our belongings in a blanket, strap it securely on the back of a trusty mule and head off into the unknown towards the next place we’ll call home. From California, New Jersey, Montana, Texas, Germany, Holland, Japan, Korea, Turkey, and now back to Germany we’ve bounced and roamed all along this big world with no end in sight. What’s around the next bend in the road or over that hill rising on the horizon? We don’t know yet, and that’s exactly the way we like it!
How nomadic do you feel?
Ready, set, link!
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment. It would be great if you could comment on 2-3 posts.
4. Tweet it and include this hashtag. #wkendtravelinspiration .
5. Follow all the hosts of Weekend Travel Inspiration who are
working hard to spread the word on what wonderful work travel bloggers are doing.
Please include this badge on your post. You can do this two different ways:
1. Copy and paste the image above, then link it to www.reflectionsenroute.com/weekend-travel-inspiration/
2. Copy the code below and paste it onto your post in “text” mode. This will put the picture and the link for you automatically.
Check out our past Weekend Travel Inspirations! And don’t forget to wander over and check out my awesome partners: