Travel is all fun! You go to relieve your stress, take a vacation, right? We book trips, like the one I’m currently on…a train trip through Eastern Europe with hopes of not only seeing, eating, experiencing new things, but also hopefully to relax. How come we never really think of the actual travel bit as just a tiny bit strenuous?
Train travel is slow. You can enjoy the pastoral view out of the huge windows. You don’t have to go through airport security or find parking for you car. It’s so easy. This is absolutely true, but what about waiting for late trains with no place to sit down and the announcement board area closing in around you as more people await the same information you are waiting for, your platform number. When it does pop up, you are fighting all those people to get up the steps (with your luggage) and find a seat. We did, but others were not so lucky. Can you imagine standing, or worse, squatting the entire 2 and a half hours?
Minutes later, however, you are seated. You kick off your shoes; you have a table to use your iPad, and you are happy. You are happier still when you look out the window and see the rolling hills, rivers, and even some wildlife. It’s quiet in the car, and you could take a nap, but soon you’ll be in a brand new city to explore so instead you sit, people watch, and wait with anticipation
After the trip is over, on the way home you start to reminisce about all the things you’ve done for the first time. You try to think of how you are going to replicate that dish you tried the other night and yes, start planning your next adventure. Even though upon arrival, you have to slug your baggage around one more time, and you get home late, and you are so tired, all you can do is think what a wonderful time you’ve had, and when can you do it again?
How about you? Is it all fun or do you truly remember the irritants that travel inherently features from time to time?
Please include this badge on your post. You can do this two different ways:
1. Copy and paste the image above, then link it to www.reflectionsenroute.com/weekend-travel-inspiration/
2. Copy the code below and paste it onto your post in “text” mode. This will put the picture and the link for you automatically.
<a href=”http://www.reflectionsenroute.com/weekend-travel-inspiration/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.reflectionsenroute.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/wkendtravelinspirationBadge.jpg” alt=”http://www.reflectionsenroute.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/wkendtravelinspirationBadge.jpg” /></a>
One thing I love about travel blogging is the community of other like-minded people that I’ve met. I love reading your travel stories and seeing all the fantastic photos you take. I think sharing is such a big part of travel.
Ready, set, link!
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment. It would be great if you could comment on 2-3 posts.
4. Tweet it and include this hashtag. #wkendtravelinspiration .
5. Follow all the hosts of Weekend Travel Inspiration who are working hard to spread the word on what wonderful work travel bloggers are doing.
By the way, the photo was taken in Kota Kinabalu in Borneo, Malaysia.