Table of Contents
I love Paris!
I am sick to my stomach as I wake up this morning and see the tragic news about gunmen killings in a city I love. And it’s not just Paris, terrorist attacks have happened all over the world. It’ tragic; it’s scary.
Unfortunately we live in a world that at times is full of violence, war, and yes, terrorism. However, I hope that doesn’t paralyze people into not traveling. These types of attacks leave a scar on the city, the country, and it’s difficult to recuperate from them. Will people stop traveling to Paris? No. But will they come in the same amounts as before. No.
As the quote says, people are good. Everywhere. Period. That’s it. People are good. Yes, there are fanatics, zealots, people who do terrible things, but they are far from the majority. They are a fraction of our population, a tiny fraction.
My hope is that you will not be scared to go to Paris, or to other places that have come under attack, like Tunisia or Turkey or even the United States. Is it important to be aware of your surroundings? Yes. Is it important to pay attention to the news so you know where the hot spots may be? Yes. But should that stop us from discovering our wonderful world or celebrating its people? No.
On this cold, dreary November morning I hope that you will continue to dream, to go, to discover, and to explore our globe.
Where would you like to go this weekend?
Please include this badge on your post. You can do this two different ways:
1. Copy and paste the image above, then link it to www.reflectionsenroute.com/weekend-travel-inspiration/
2. Copy the code below and paste it onto your post in “text” mode. This will put the picture and the link for you automatically.
<a href=”http://www.reflectionsenroute.com/weekend-travel-inspiration/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.reflectionsenroute.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/wkendtravelinspirationBadge.jpg” alt=”http://www.reflectionsenroute.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/wkendtravelinspirationBadge.jpg” /></a>
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info.
2. Visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment. It would be great if you could comment on 2-3 posts.
3. Tweet it and include this hashtag. #wkendtravelinspiration .
4. Follow all the hosts of Weekend Travel Inspiration who are working hard to spread the word on what wonderful work travel bloggers are doing.