Table of Contents
Isn’t it the truth?!
It never ceases to amaze me when I’m on a trip, or recently returned, and I think that I’ve done a great job learning about the country. I’ve explored it, eaten in it, talked with locals, and done as much as I possibly could in my allotted time. Then….wham! Someone says, “Oh, Did you go to fill-in-the-blank?” What? I missed something. Something good enough that you are now telling me about it, only a few hours after my return?! Damn!
And even if it’s not in that country, someone likens it to something else, a must-see here or there…everywhere! Yes, that list never stops getting longer and longer. In some ways, I love it. In some ways it’s the bane of my existence. Even though there are so many awesome spots in this world that I just adore and want to return over and over again, I do like getting to brand new places as well. Doesn’t everybody?
Here are some posts you may have missed, but they are all about places that were never in a guidebook, or at least my guidebook and we just happened across them. Have you been to any of them?
What gems have you stumbled upon that you didn’t find in your guidebook?
It’s Linky Time! Post your Latest Travel Story or Photos!
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment. It would be great if you could comment on 2-3 posts.
4. Tweet it and include this hashtag. #wkendtravelinspiration .
5. Follow all the hosts of Weekend Travel Inspiration who are working hard to spread the word on what wonderful work travel bloggers are doing.