Do you love spotting wildlife in their natural habitat? Ring-tailed lemurs, blue-footed boobies, and Komodo dragons are just a few of the amazing wildlife encounters we’ve experienced. Listen in as we countdown our top ten wild animal sightings from our travels around the world.
Disclaimer: Some of our articles may contain affiliate links; when you click on these links you’ll have the option to purchase or register for a service at no extra cost to you, but doing so helps us run this blog. That’s awesome!
05:45 – Number Ten – Alaska moose/swimming with dolphins
10:30 – Number Nine – Swimming with sharks/breakfast with elephants
14:15 – Number Eight – Cassowary in Daintree Rainforest/chimpanzee trek in Uganda
17:00 – Number Seven – Breaching Gray Whale in Alaska/swimming with sharks in Fiji
17:30 – Number Six – Hippo attack in Chobe/Everything in the Galapagos
20:15 – Number Five – Grizzlies at Brooks Lodge/Khama rhino sanctuary
25:30 – Number Four – Komodo Dragons in Komodo National Park Indonesia/Bwindi mountain gorillas in Uganda
30:00 – Number Three – Bwindi Mountain Gorillas/Madagascar Lemurs
33:00 – Number Two – Khama Rhino Sanctuary/Snow monkeys in Japan
36:45 – Number One – Galapagos Islands/Katmai Grizzlies
37:30 – Honorable mentions
39:00 – Notable domestic animal encounters
The Best Wildlife Encounter Tours
We’ve curated this list of amazing tours that will take the reader to some of the most incredible wildlife encounters around the world.
- Bwindi Gorilla Trek
- Swimming with Wild Dolphins
- Chobe National Park: Day Trip with River Cruise
- Okavanga Delta: Mokoro Tour and Bush Walk
- From Baltra Island: Galápagos Islands 5-Day Nature Tour
- Komodo Island: Private 4-Day Boat Trip with Lodging & Meals
- Nagano: Snow Monkeys, Zenkoji Temple & Sake Day Trip
- Seward: Kenai Fjords National Park 6-Hour Cruise
Our articles we’ve written on wildlife encounters:
- Chobe National Park Safari, Botswana – Swimming Elephants and More!
- Plan the Best Summer Vacation in Dynamic Denali National Park
- African Wildlife Safari — See the Big Five in Africa
- Chimpanzee Trekking in Uganda
- Bwindi Gorilla Trekking Uganda – An Enchanting Encounter
- Amazing Visit to the Outstanding Galapagos Islands of Ecuador
- Our Once-in-a-lifetime Trip to Madagascar
Join Our Community
Podcaster Bios for Jim and Corinne: Jim and Corinne are a married couple who love everything travel. Having met and married in Germany, they’ve never stopped. Along the way, they have raised two kids, visited over 90 countries (including every country in Europe), and have plenty of stories and travel tips to share. Read more about them on our About page.