Literally speaking, we’ve found ourselves on this never ending road before, but for us it has always seemed like there was always an endpoint, not of the road itself, but of our time to travel it. That point in the journey where we’ve gone round that “one last turn” or over the top of “just one more hill” to see what was on the other side; we get to that point where we can only look ahead, further down the road, as it winds its way slowly down and out of sight. Someday, we keep telling ourselves, our road will truly go ever on and on. For now, however, we can only dream and plan for different parts of that never ending road, another “there and back again”, to keep in the Tolkien spirit.
It used to be that when we were planning a road trip we would stick to the notion that it had to be our car and the path did leave from our front door (or garage). But more often lately we’ve come to the realization that doesn’t need to be the case at all. Sometimes it’s helpful to extend our road on airplanes or trains to get to a new starting point. We’ll fly into a new city, Sofia for example, rent a car and just head down the road with an itinerary that will take us past points that we’re most interested in but not locked into a set schedule and route. Whenever possible, we’ll work our way round a circular path so we end up back at our starting point while keeping the adventure and mystery of the open road ahead.
While this sates our wanderlust it’s always tempered with the knowledge that at the end of that stretch of road, our regular daily routine of work awaits. But the day will come, in the not too distant future, when we’ll be able to trade most of our belongings for gold pieces and run out the front door with just a knapsack and a dream.
Please include this badge on your post. You can do this two different ways:
1. Copy and paste the image above, then link it to www.reflectionsenroute.com/weekend-travel-inspiration/
2. Copy the code below and paste it onto your post in “text” mode. This will put the picture and the link for you automatically.
<a href=”http://www.reflectionsenroute.com/weekend-travel-inspiration/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.reflectionsenroute.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/wkendtravelinspirationBadge.jpg” alt=”http://www.reflectionsenroute.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/wkendtravelinspirationBadge.jpg” /></a>
Table of Contents
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment. It would be great if you could comment on 2-3 posts.
4. Tweet it and include this hashtag. #wkendtravelinspiration .
5. Follow all the hosts of Weekend Travel Inspiration who are working hard to spread the word on what wonderful work travel bloggers are doing.
Pin it for later