Table of Contents
New Youtube Series – In Our Backyard
You know how it is for most of us travelers. We get so caught up in traveling, finding that next great destination, revisiting past favorites, meeting up with friends and family in new and exotic locations. Somehow, the attractions of our hometown just seem to fade and take the back burner. Incredibly, even world class attractions can seem run of the mill for the people who live there. A farmer in Turkey once told me, as I stood marveling at the incredible Olba Roman ruins, “Why do people come here? For me, this is normal.”
We’ve decided we need to explore our local surroundings and share our findings with others. Our current home in Weiden in der Oberpfalz has so much going on. There are historic sites and castles within 30 minutes of our apartment. We have a first class Christmas Market, weekly farmers’ markets, beer festivals, and every May day they raise the Maypole in the town square. Somehow, the food truck craze that has been sweeping the globe caught up with us, even here in tiny little Weiden. The Food Truck ROundup is the first installment of the “In Our Backyard” series. So now, we are on the hunt for more cultural events, incredible destinations, and new sites and sounds all right here, In Our Backyard!
Weiden’s Food Truck Roundup has become an annual event. This year the trucks will be rolling in on 2 May 2017. We hope to see you there!
Please include this badge on your post. You can do this two different ways:
1. Copy and paste the image above, then link it to www.reflectionsenroute.com/weekend-travel-inspiration/
2. Copy the code below and paste it onto your post in “text” mode. This will put the picture and the link for you automatically.
<a href=”https://www.reflectionsenroute.com/weekend-travel-inspiration/” target=”_blank”><img src=”https://www.reflectionsenroute.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/wkendtravelinspirationBadge.jpg” alt=”https://www.reflectionsenroute.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/wkendtravelinspirationBadge.jpg” /></a>
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment. It would be great if you could comment on 2-3 posts.
4. Tweet it and include this hashtag. #wkendtravelinspiration .
5. Follow all the hosts of Weekend Travel Inspiration who are working hard to spread the word on what wonderful work travel bloggers are doing.