Do you know how you read a quote and it sticks with you, kind of like that peanut butter that you can’t get off the roof of your mouth? That’s what this one did to me.
Travel gives me time to myself, time to think, time to have an uninterrupted conversation. So yes, I love the cities, the landscapes, the villages, the food, the people, but I also just love the time to think!
Some places really lend themselves to great thinking, like sitting on a mountain and looking down at Macchu Pichu or in a boat watching the sunset on Lake Tonlé Sap. Finding that place in a city seems a bit harder, but it’s not. Not for me. All I need is an empty outside table facing the street, and I can sit there for hours watching who goes by, who they are with, what their dog is doing…anything really. It’s fascinating to me, but more than anything else it’s just plain relaxing.
Here are some places we’ve been to that just made us think!
We’d love for you to tell us where you did some of your best thinking!
It’s Your Turn! Link up!
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment. It would be great if you could comment on 2-3 posts.
4. Tweet it and include this hashtag. #wkendtravelinspiration .
5. Follow all the hosts of Weekend Travel Inspiration who are working hard to spread the word on what wonderful work travel bloggers are doing.