This quote nails it! How can you not love Ralph Waldo Emerson?!
It makes me ask questions of myself. Am I searching for something? Am I trying to escape my normal, daily grind, routine life? I guess I am. In a way. I do want to experience new things, new places. I want to eat new foods, smell new smells. I definitely want to see new and beautiful places. Although, I think I have made it my new way, routine.
I get more excited looking at a map than just about anything else. I love to imagine where I’m going to head off to next. I soak up travel websites, Pinterest, Instagram, and so many photography sites to find the next gorgeous destination. Am I the only one that does this?
This weekend we are going to Brno. I’m thrilled. I didn’t even choose this place, Jim did. I asked him why, and he said it was because once we drove by without stopping and it intrigued him. See why we’ve been married for so long. I love that! I love that we share this fascination for the unknown.
And I do think that we tend to see things as beautiful, no matter where we are. It’s beautiful, partly because it’s a novelty, but also partly because we just love going someplace new, any place really, being out there in this amazing world.
Welcome to our Weekend Travel Inspiration Link Up!
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment. It would be great if you could comment on 2-3 posts.
4. Tweet it and include this hashtag. #wkendtravelinspiration .
5. Follow all the hosts of Weekend Travel Inspiration who are working hard to spread the word on what wonderful work travel bloggers are doing.
Please include this badge on your post. You can do this two different ways:
1. Copy and paste the image above, then link it to www.reflectionsenroute.com/weekend-travel-inspiration/
2. Copy the code below and paste it onto your post in “text” mode. This will put the picture and the link for you automatically.
<a href=”http://www.reflectionsenroute.com/weekend-travel-inspiration/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.reflectionsenroute.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/wkendtravelinspirationBadge.jpg” alt=”http://www.reflectionsenroute.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/wkendtravelinspirationBadge.jpg” /></a>